The Canadian Association of Law Libraries represents the wide variety of law library interests across Canada. It provides a forum for the exchange of information and ideas among members and fosters co-operation among Canadian law libraries.
As an Association member, you have access to a network of experts in legal information management and retrieval. Whether you are part of the staff of a large library or work in a one-person library, you can benefit from the contacts you will make through the CALL. With contacts across the country and in all types of law libraries, whatever the task at hand, someone else in the Association almost certainly has experience which can help you.
As a CALL/ACBD member, your networks will be expanded exponentially! We are an organization dedicated to networking, developing and supporting legal information specialists.
Our members, from all across Canada, and a few from abroad, include legal information specialists from:
- Law Firms
- Court Houses
- Law Societies
- Law Schools
Register for CALL/ACBD membership today!
- Active member - $170.00 (CAD)
- Retired member - $57.00 (CAD)
- Student member - $15.00 (CAD)
- Unwaged member - $85.00 (CAD)
Please note that our membership year runs from January 1st to December 31st, annually. New memberships purchased after July 1st are eligible for a 50% discount. Please contact email@example.com to take advantage of this discount.
Because money talksBy joining, you can access significant discounts on learning and professional development programming. CALL’s professional development courses are also eligible as CPD credit for lawyers.
Because someone has seen and done it beforeBy joining, you have exclusive access to career development opportunities including mentoring and leadership programs.
Because we are a vibrant, sharing community By joining, you maintain your access to our network of hundreds of colleagues across Canada. Participate in one of CALL’s many Special Interest Groups including:
- New Professionals SIG
- Private Law Libraries SIG
- Knowledge Management SIG
- Government Libraries SIG
- Academic SIG
- Courthouse and Law Society SIG
- Legal Research Writing SIG
- Preservation SIG
Because you can make a difference
By joining, you can help shape the future of our profession through volunteer opportunities on committees and in special interest groups.
The opportunity to share your existing talents and interests and to develop new ones, through volunteer opportunities with our Committees, including:
- Professional Development
- Membership Development
- Conference Planning
- Website Editorial Board
- Committee to Promote Research
- Canadian Committee on Cataloguing
- Vendor Liaison
- Scholarships & Awards
Enjoy exclusive access to:
- Our trade journal, Canadian Law Library Review (CLLR);
- Our electronic newsletter, to help keep you informed;
- Awards and scholarships programs to provide funding for education, conference attendance and research projects;
- Discounted rates to our annual conference and tradeshow;
- Access to a variety of information sources, publications and reports such as the Salary Survey;
- Discounts for conference registrations with other associations;
- Sneak peeks for new vendor products and offerings, vendor networking and a vendor relations committee to raise shared issues;
- The opportunity to forge your own path by proposing new SIGs, educational programs, workshops, and services;
- The opportunity to build your own reputation through publishing in our trade journal, participating in speaking engagements, panels or forums; or by publishing on our shared blogs platform on the website.
As a network of like-minded professionals, CALL provides all of the tools that we need to interact and share information needed to be successful in our careers.